- @JewishWonk Jon Ronson wrote a pretty definitive book back in the early days of the phenomenon. It now reads almost as quaint, the shock at something that's now commonplace. But I think he captures the dynamics well. https://t.co/vkNoeGjEnj
- Thank you @pjux @CameronBardell @pmjordan - this is what I was looking for! https://t.co/Cz98PMIILm
- @DivineOps oh there's a whole book based on that article https://t.co/zaitFlJpAR it is good but already out of date sadly
- This book (recommended to me by @cwodtke) is quite good but it feels like the state of the art in public social media stoning has advanced so fast that it is already out of date https://t.co/8Y8cimE2Yn
- Just finished "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" by @jonronson. For the past three years, Jon has traveled the world meeting recipients of high-profile public shamings. It's a fresh perspective on today's outrage culture. https://t.co/ObLWu4V44Q
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed (https://t.co/rpBX7LnFhk) is 💯. https://t.co/90RiAO2ifd
"From the author of The Psychopath Test and Lost at Sea, an exploration of shame, one of our world's most overlooked forces. Public shaming as a form of social control, such a big part of our lives it feels weird when there isn't anyone to be furious about. Whole careers are being ruined by one mistake. Our collective outrage at it has the force of a hurricane. Then we all quickly forget about it and move on to the next one, and it doesn't cross our minds to wonder if the shamed person is okay or in ruins. What's it doing to them? An examination of human nature and its flaws"--Publisher's website.