- @johncoogan My favorite book of all-time? Sapiens!
- I was thinking that I needed to revisit Sapiens by @harari_yuval . Well I just discovered that the book is now a graphic novel: https://t.co/QtUvKLdNiF. .
- Most cited investment books by decade: 1990s: One Up on Wall Street (stock pickers) 2000s: The Intelligent Investor (value investors) 2010s: Thinking Fast & Slow (behavioral/index investing) 2020s: Sapiens (crypto)
- @SuperMugatu Good example is the book Sapiens selling 10 million copies. Drove historians/anthropologists crazy. "He didn't say anything new!" Sure, but he said it well.
- @vboykis Did you ever read Sapiens? The way Harrari framed "dataism" as the next kind of zeitgeist/era makes me think we should see an increase in this type of thinking: a kind of agnosticism/atheism/skepticism towards dataism. Or, not to get too meta, more context for when dataism helps.
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Yuval Noah Harari (2015) https://t.co/OpGIRuxZeO
- @noampomsky Missing Sapiens and Zero to One. Also, none of the books spines cracked.
- @sarthakgh @zck Did we talk about 'Sapiens' yet? Because Harari has really changed me.
- @bryanrieger Actually, it's this https://t.co/De0BTeqKj7
- Examples Sapiens - 10 yr of research Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - 10 yr of interviews Complications by Gawande - 10 yr of medicine
**THE MILLION COPY BESTSELLER** 'Interesting and provocative... It gives you a sense of how briefly we've been on this Earth' Barack Obama What makes us brilliant? What makes us deadly? What makes us Sapiens? Yuval Noah Harari challenges everything we know about being human in the perfect read for these unprecedented times. Earth is 4.5 billion years old. In just a fraction of that time, one species among countless others has conquered it: us. In this bold and provocative book, Yuval Noah Harari explores who we are, how we got here and where we're going. 'I would recommend Sapiens to anyone who's interested in the history and future of our species' Bill Gates **ONE OF THE GUARDIAN'S 100 BEST BOOKS OF THE 21st CENTURY**